Sunday, January 13, 2008

Tangled Up

Here's the latest on my progress on the Tangled Yoke Cardigan. In all, it's knitting up pretty fast and the directions are sort of clear. But the wording is funny in some places and I've found myself frogging more than I think I should need to for a relatively simple pattern. Of course, the truth of the matter is I should read through the directions BEFORE I dive in, but hey, I consider myself virtuous enough for actually knitting swatches, so forget pre-reading the directions. Besides, I'm a kinesthetic/visual learner (that's the kind of lingo you get after you teach for 10+ years) so just reading something isn't going to help me.Anyhow, I'm up to the 'tangled yoke' part which is a series of cables. It's fun watching them appear as I go, although slightly maddening since I have to be really focused or I miss a stitch and start a cable too early and the whole row ends up wonky. I'm now at the point where I CAN'T knit in rehearsal since I have to consult the pattern so much, which is a pain in the butt since we're doing Sweeney Todd this year. That means lots of sitting around listening to the alto, tenor, and bass sections going over their parts and every once in a while chiming in with the melody...Sondheim is a tricky fellow and we are a humble community theatre, so you do the math.

No comments:

made. by k.d.