Saturday, June 7, 2008

Adapting

Ooo, I hate that word....or at least our misuse of it. For the past 11 years I've been telling kids that individuals can't adapt in their lifetime- you're born with what you're born with and that's that. But at the moment, I'm trying to adapt. In the most perfect mishandling of the concept.


It's really, really hot here right now. And I really, really hate the heat. Really. Truthfully, I really hate the cold as well. Ask Andrew and he'll tell you that the only time I'm not complaining about the weather is when it's 72 degrees outside. But alas, it is so far from 72 degrees in Philadelphia right now and it's going to be that way for a few days. Which will be perfect when I give final exams in my classroom with no AC, but I digress.

The point of all of this complaining is to say that I'm going on a fantastic trip this summer. My Dad and I are going to China for three whole weeks. In the summer. When it's really, really hot i in China. So my plan of attack now is to survive the heat waves at home as they come so that by the time I'm in China, I've adapted to it. See? Individuals can adapt...or at least, that's what I'm banking on. I made it the whole day without using AC in the car and I haven't pestered Andrew about lugging the AC unit into the bedroom. It's only the first day of the heatwave, but still.

Anyway, I didn't do much today except lie around and read. All I really have to show for myself in the way of photographs are these latest Kateski portraits and a video. She was furiously picking at her new feathers and her pouf was wobbling like mad...it's almost like it has a life of it's own. I made a short, sometimes focused video...Francis Ford Coppola I am not, but you'll get the idea.


No comments:

made. by k.d.