Sunday, June 14, 2009

What I've Been Up To Lately...

The poor blog has taken a back seat to all of the goings-on around our house lately. I'd love to be able to post scads of crafty projects that I've been working on during this time, but the truth is there has been no glitter, no yarn, no glue, paper, or fabric doing much of anything lately...besides gathering dust in the craft room. But I DO have the most perfect thing that I've ever made to show for all of this time:Our baby Stella was born a little over two weeks ago! She is a whole baby, but this little foot gets me every time. Although, at the end, 9 months seemed like an eternity, the fact that a little person came out with all of her fingers and toes and fingernails and hair and ears and nose just amazes me. I'm a crafter who is never truly satisfied with what I've made because there are always flaws and foibles that occur along the way. However, looking at Stella, it is impossible to see anything other than perfection. Her one little nostril comes to a point in a way that the other one doesn't...and that's perfect. She has a little notch at the top of her right ear that she doesn't have on the left...and that's perfect. OK, she's not perfect about sleeping through the night, but I have it on good authority that that skill will come.

I have a whole bunch of things that I want to make for her but I'm not so good with the get-things-done-between-feedings schedule that she has us on. Suffice it to say, there's been a lot of napping going on around here. As the weeks go by, hopefully I'll be able to find the time to take photos and post more often, though finished projects might not be the main topic over the summer. The new adventure that is unfolding before us will surely keep me plenty busy, though, so we'll see what comes of it all:)

No comments:

made. by k.d.