Wednesday, June 24, 2009

We do a lot of laying around these days. Mostly out of sheer exhaustion, and the fact that watching a newborn sleep never gets old. In the rare moments when Stella is awake and not fussing, she's becoming more and more aware of her surroundings each day. Luckily, we've been given lots of great stuff for her to fix her eyes on, such as this mobile thingee from my most favorite toy company, ever. I predict a few bonks on the head for Stella as almost all of her toys are wooden (and little works of art, if you ask me).
But wait, did you notice what Stella is resting on? Didn't I say we've been given all sorts of wonderful gifts? As if Stella wasn't enough of a prize, we are now the proud parents of a Nancy Quilt in the most beautiful shades of green and purple.
Look at the sweet quilting......it's a good thing baby quilts are small so when they are outgrown they can end up on a wall. Although we kept the sex of our baby a surprise and managed to keep the gender colors at bay, now that the secret's out our house is rapidly being inundated with pink. I tried to fight the battle, but I'm clearly losing. In any event, purple and green is making me especially happy these days, so thank you Nancy!!

1 comment:

JennyBHammond said...

Can't lose with purple and green - and it does help fight the battle of the "pink"! [ Great combo, Nancy:-)]

made. by k.d.