Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wow. Just, wow. I didn't mean to be away for such a long time. It just kind of, well, happened. I think I needed a break...and it's not like I have oodles of free time with a 9-month-old crawling all over the place! I think my problem lies in the fact that I really like to take photos of what I'm making or thinking about and I really like for those photos to be relatively good. Also, I download all of my photos onto the desktop which I never sit at anymore since a laptop is easier to juggle with the babe.

So, I've made a lot and have photographed only a bit of it. I've downloaded even less of what I've photographed. Sad, I know. I photographed the Christmas gifts again for this year, but don't feel like putting them all together in one post because it's all last year's news now. I've been knitting toys for Stella, a sweater for me, and mittens for Andrew. I also recently got my grubby little hands on this book and I'm itching to get started on some socks (yay for super portable knitting projects!). The point is, craftiness has been happening, I just haven't been shouting about it.

But today is a new day! I finally entered the world of Big Girl computer usage and asked for a digital drawing pad for my birthday. I went with the Bamboo Fun, Wacom's simpler version of their more sophisticated pads. Andrew, the dearheart, tried to convince me to get the fancier model, but I decided to start simple figuring that when I outgrow this one, there will be new tools out there that I will then be ready for. Also, I am a total sucker for technology that looks simple and is packaged well, and the Bamboo line is definitely that. I mean for Pete's sake, they've named a model the Bamboo Craft. Yeah, I think we see who their target audience is.

Anyhoo, the little gadget comes with a software bundle that includes Corel Painter and that's what I used to create this image:
Actually, you are kind of getting a two-for-one deal here. This is my first digital image but it also happens to be a drawing inspired by the bunny that I recently knit for Stella. I've uploaded it over at Spoonflower and am eagerly awaiting a swatch to see if I can actually finally make a fabric design. Then I might make my own font. Or just sign my name over and over and over like I did when I was in middle school...either way, being able to create digital images on my laptop just might get me back into this blogging thing.

No comments:

made. by k.d.