Monday, August 6, 2007

As Promised...

Here is the sea glass haul. This year, I had a stroke of genius (if I do say so myself) when I thought to grab a box for our beach treasures as we were heading out the door. In the car, I opened it up and saw that it was a candy box WITH the little divisions for candy still in it. Wahoo! OCD BLISS!! This year, I'd be able to organize my loot by color BEFORE bringing it home. Despite the fact that Andrew's sister made fun of me when she first saw it, she had to admit that perusing the collection with it all organized was a pleasing experience. Score one: Kristina.

And here, ladies and gentlemen, you have the coolest piece of sea glass that I've found yet. This is a chunky piece, well worn on all the edges and a really unique shade of blue. There's not much to say about this one, it's just so dang perfect on its own:
And a slightly blurry photo, but is shows the color really well against the other sea glass:And my ever-patient beach buddy looking for treasures with me: As summer is rapidly dwindling away, I'm getting panicky about not having done enough crafting. So here are some recent projects that have unfolded...

I finally opened up my flower press from last fall. I managed to get a good selection of leaves from our cut leaf Japanese maple. I have about half a dozen leaves and the color was preserved really well. I might mount them somehow because they are pretty perfect on their own, but I need to look into mounting them to be air tight.

And some other flowers I pressed. These are more delicate and will need a little coaxing to get them off the paper in one piece, but I'm happy with the color and shape.
And as a parting shot, here's a WIP that I finally finished! This one was a long time (um, like over a year) coming, so I'm glad it's finally done. It's a small book I made in a workshop that was offered at my school. I made another book that I finished, and then this one just needed to be stitched up. The teacher was not interested in hanging around any longer than needed, so when we didn't get to the stitching part, she said "oh, I'll send you instructions over email." Yeah, right. Anyhow, I figured it out with a little help from the internet, and even managed to design a cool button closure too. It's available in the shop if you're interested!

1 comment:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

tick tick tick tick goes the count down and I, too, have not done all of the sewing I wanted to do this summer. But I have had one glorious summer and the sewing is supposed to be FUN, not pressure!

made. by k.d.