Sunday, November 4, 2007

Andrew's Sweater is Finished!

Yippee!! Laurel was lamenting the fact that knitting is so not instant-gratification. So true. But if you stick with it, you are in for some MAJOR satisfaction when you're done (that is if it all works out). I'm happy to say that Jared's Cobblestone Pullover was super-simple to knit (hello?!?! From now on, ALL of my sweaters must be knit in the round) with only ARMPIT seams to sew. Not kidding!!! I used to think weaving in ends was what I hated about finishing a sweater...nope, that was actually a nice, methodical way to say goodbye to this knitting project. Sewing seams is just a stressful pain in the arse if you ask me, and so I was happy to be able to avoid the whole mess with this project. Anyway, here it is modeled by my lovely guy:Almost as soon as I handed it off to him, Andrew said "could you..." I knew what was coming next ("knit me another?") and if it had been any other big project, I would have smacked him upside the head for asking me so soon after working it up. But I swear to Swiss cheese, this pattern worked out so well (I didn't even BLOCK the thing) that I had already made a decision to knit him another at some point (I'm thinking in blue, Andrew thinks the garter stitching should be in a different color than the stockinette.) THANK YOU, JARED!

No comments:

made. by k.d.