Sunday, November 4, 2007

Back in Time


I made breakfast for the troops again this morning, but this time I remembered my camera. I focused today on photos that looked as non-contemporary as possible. I especially love seeing kids involved in reenactments.

The British Troops (they win for bestest outfits):
Some of the decorations on the British uniforms was spectacular...little hearts at the corners where the coats were turned upwards, pretty ticking tape. And don't even get me started on the woman selling women's clothing (complete with taffeta BONNETS!!)
Boy, Drum, Tent, Port-o-Potty (so much for historical accuracy):
Andrew learns about colonial drugs:

Little girl collecting kindling:

1 comment:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Reading this post made me think of a wonderful book I read a few years ago and just LOVED. Don't know how much of a reader you are, but I'm thinking you would enjoy it, too:

http://www.amazon.com/Disobedience-Novel-Jane-Hamilton/dp/0385720467/ref=pd_bbs_3/105-8044162-5616435?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1194355551&sr=8-3

made. by k.d.