Saturday, February 3, 2007

Happy Birthday


...to my man. He chose a vanilla cake with raspberry filling and chocolate frosting. I added a little amaretto into the chocolate for an extra surprise. I'm not sure how I feel about the vanilla cake...if you have the opportunity to have even more chocolate, I don't know why you wouldn't take it, but whatever, it's not my birthday;) Chocolate or not, it's another opportunity to use one of my favorite garage sale finds of all time: a vintage cake tray and lid for $1.

Birthdays abound right now. I have to work on a project for Sophie who turns 8 on Wednesday and more hearts for my feeling-slightly-better friend. My birthday is right around the corner which means I have to get a present for my mom, not because I like to thank her for birthing me, but because we have the same birthday (but thanks for birthing me too, mom!) I have one of those weird families where everyone is born on the same day (my first cousin shares our birthday, too) and it all comes just a little too close to Christmas for my DIY sensibilities. Despite all of the presents I should be working on, I am currently trying to find a way to alter my plethora of pull-over hoodies into zip front. I've found lots of tutorials and rather than just insert a zipper, I've now ratcheted up the difficulty level to include altering them to fit better. I am currently in the crafting stage called "paralyzed with fear" but as my colleague put it: "it's just a zipper." And a hem, and sleeves that need to be taken in, and a pocket that needs to be relocated and a hood that needs to be re-sized...

No comments:

made. by k.d.