Monday, February 5, 2007

OK, I've Created Something Odd...


Something about buckeye seeds makes me a little loopy. I think it's the sound they make when they clunk together. Or maybe it's the fact that they're really smooth except for one slightly grainy patch. They come packaged in an evil little prickly thing so they also have a little attitude; maybe that's my favorite part. I few years ago, a fellow biology teacher plunked a few on my desk as a little gift. Ever since then, I've wanted to make things with them, and here's the result: an odd little necklace complete with a squishy felted bead. This is the first one, a second is coming...they'll both be in the shop.

I am working on a great gocco project as a gift for a dear soon-to-be 8-year-old and I'm just loving it. I'll blog about it post-giving. I've been a little crafting rut and having a deadline (read: birth date) is very, very good for me. It's made me motor and not get wrapped up in the "I can't make it look as good as I want it to, so why even bother starting" loop that I'm so fond of. Sheesh. I also owe much thanks to Laurel, my etsy crafting bud who keeps my rear in gear (yes, I just made that rhyme up JUST NOW!).

I'm off to post to my etsy shop, and then to open my mail from mystical creation yarns and Superbuzzy. Just try to visit Superbuzzy without getting any of their twill tape. Go on. I dare you.

No comments:

made. by k.d.