Wednesday, July 4, 2007

A New Addition

Yesterday we went to the pet store to pick up some filters for the cat bowl (yes, our cats drink filtered water - don't ask) and we came home with a Beta fish. I had had these fish off and on when I was a kid and always loved them. I've been thinking about getting one for a while now, and every time I'd go to the pet store, I'd check out the Betas. And yesterday, this guy just grabbed my attention. It's a little difficult to get an underwater shot, but his body is fairly neutral while his fins are a pinkish reddish with red spots. I've never seen spots on a Beta, but then my interests as a child were with the really garish purple and magenta and blue ones (which still are beautiful to me in a flashy sort of way.) So for under $10, we went home with a new pet, his house and food.

In the car, I was silently thinking of a name for him and for some inexplicable reason "Alfonzo" was jumping into my head. Andrew said, "so have you thought of a name for him yet?" and I replied by asking what he was thinking. He suggested Alpha (so that we could have Alpha the Beta fish) which, with my Alfonzo, worked perfectly.

Apparently, Andrew and I are at that disturbing part in a relationship where we're thinking the same thing. Eep.

No comments:

made. by k.d.