Sunday, March 2, 2008

Blouson Sweater

Here's the blouson: all finished. I finished this up really quick with the help of the complete second and third seasons of Lost. I'm now catching up with this season on the computer (not as comfortable as the TV to knit in front of, but whatever). Why the hell can't I find the first episode of the fourth season on the computer? Just wondering.
I'm happy with how it turned out and am loving the feel of the yarn I used (Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk Aran). It knit up a bit bulkier than I imagined it would, but it's cozy and warm and will keep me toasty until Spring (finally) arrives. I chose to keep the knit side as the right side...I'm just not totally sold on the inside-out look yet. I knit the whole thing basically in reverse which I only had to think about for a few of the decrease rows. I'm really happy with how the hems turned out, and the pleating and knitting of them was really simple, too.This is the first sweater I knit with raglan sleeves and it was a little epiphany moment to realize that the sleeve tops became part of the neckline (duh). Anyway, I think I nice tank top to bring me into the warmer months will be the next project on tap (hooray for no sleeves to knit!) the sleeveless tuxedo top from the same issue of IK.

No comments:

made. by k.d.