Friday, June 8, 2007

Crowded House

This week was graduation at my school. Each year, the junior class spends the day of graduation making a flower chain that creates an aisle for the seniors to process through and also spells out the year of the graduation by being rested on pegboards with the appropriate numbers. It's a beautiful tradition and creating it is as much a part of the experience as seeing the finished product is. Therefore, it wasn't too difficult to rouse myself Wednesday morning to be at school at 7am to start the process. Whew. The picture above is a good closeup to see how full and gorgeous the chains end up and the photo below gives you an idea of the size of the chain (a number of these chains are actually handmade - - it takes all day!) Forgive the overall ugliness of the photo below...you can't do much to make a fluorescent-lit physics room look arty.
There is a lot going on in the garden right now, but here's a sweet little closeup of the pea flowers that have come out:And because I can't get enough of those baby birds, here's a peek inside their crowded quarters!


The nest has rapidly gone from cosy to cramped and there is a lot of feeding going on to keep these guys going. It's getting harder to snap photos because the mother and father are always around.
I haven't taken a photo yet, but I'm in the middle of a knitting project for my secret etsy buddy (shh!) and I've drawn the design for Sophie's project (it will be an embroidery project on that linen that I tea-stained last week.) I've never used one of those transfer iron-on pens, but I'm going to give it a shot today.
Oh, and I guess the other big news is that SCHOOL'S OUT!!!! I'll finally be able to get back to making things now:)

No comments:

made. by k.d.