Saturday, June 2, 2007

Feed me, Seymore!

The robins have hatched! And they're hungry....
I learned that if I moved the branches a little bit, the hatchlings instinctively lifted their heads (which are nothing more than efficient food-deposit receptacles) thinking that they were about to get lunch. after 3 or 4 attempts at taking the picture, the birdies were on to me...whatever was shaking their nest was not bringing them food, so there was no point in wasting any energy to wake up. Here's a slightly better action shot, although I like the one above because it captures the frenzy that the birds go into when they think food is on the way:
And in other garden news, I found an interloper hiding out with my parsley,
and the cukes are showing their first flowers.
Everything's coming to life:)

No comments:

made. by k.d.